Durham County Library locations regularly exhibit the work of local artists. If you would like your art displayed, follow the instructions at the bottom of the page. A printable listing of all permanent art exhibits (PDF) is also available.
“The Art of Basket Weaving” – Carol Carter
North Regional Library
Runs through April 30
North Regional Library hosts a display of baskets by artists Carol Carter. This exhibit runs through April 30.
Calling all artists (photographers, quilters, sculptors, new media and digital artists, etc.): Have your work exhibited at Durham County Library!
How does it work?
- Submit an application (PDF).
- Include images (preferably digital).
- The Art Committee reviews applications in early January, April, July and October of each year.
- You will receive notification on the status of your application by the 15th of the month following the review.
- If approved, you and a library representative will sign an agreement stipulating the location of the exhibit and other details. (The library tries to accommodate artist preferences, but cannot always do so.)
- The artist is responsible for the exhibit installation and de-installation.
- Artwork is usually exhibited for 90 days.
- You may exhibit your work once within a two-year period.
Where to get more information: