Description: 'Four Acres.' House of B.N. Duke. Kitchen Interior. 1961. Although house construction and finishing dates from 1910, photo is documentation before house demolition in 1961 of extant features -- wall lamp, wall tile, floor tile, sink, ceiling lights, etc. Radiator in corner was used to heat food. House was located at SE corner of Chapel Hill & Duke Sts., diagonally across from Duke Memorial Methodist Church.
Source: David M. Rubenstein Library at Duke University