This two-teacher school was built for the 1929-30 school year. It was constructed on two acres of land and cost $3,000. Of this total, $175 came from the black community, $250 from the white community, $2,575 from public funds (provided by the Durham County school board), and $500 came from the Rosenwald Fund. The Page School was located in Cedar Fork Township and was completed during the tenure of Jeanes supervisor Gertrude Tandy Taylor.
This school built in the county replaced a non-Rosenwald school destroyed in a windstorm. Materials from the older building were recycled for use in the new one. The black community began pursuing the construction of this new school in 1922. The meeting minutes of the county school board reflect their pledges to contribute part of the cost of construction in cash, labor, and/or materials.
|October 16, and November 6, 1922||Atkins Farrington, Sid Hayes|
|March 4, 1924||Atkins Farrington|