This two-teacher school was built for the 1926-27 school year. It was constructed on three acres of land and cost $3,750. Of this total, $300 came from the black community, $2,750 from public funds (provided by the Durham County school board), and $700 came from the Rosenwald Fund. It was insured for $3,000. The Woods School was located in the urban part of Durham County (Mangum Township), and was completed during the tenure of Jeanes supervisor Gertrude Tandy Taylor. Her predecessor, Carrie Jordan, laid the groundwork for its construction.