Description: Washington Duke statue and East Duke Hall, Duke University. The statue was unveiled in 1908. East Duke Hall was built in 1912, approximately where the larger Washington Duke Building once stood. In 1896, Washington Duke provided $100,000 for Trinity College's endowment with the proviso that the college "will open its doors to women, placing them in the future on an equal footing with men."
Postmark place and date: none
Handwritten text on front of card: none
Handwritten text on back of card: none
Printed text: none
Filename: JS083 - JS083b