Description: Baldwin Auditorium, Woman's College quadrangle, Duke University. The building reflects the design Thomas Jefferson used for the University of Virginia's library. Built of Baltimore pressed brick and Vermont marble. Opened in 1927. The basement has a large social room and underground passageways to dormitories on either side.
Postmark place and date: none
Handwritten text on front of card: none
Handwritten text on back of card: none
Printed text: The classic Georgian Auditorium on the Woman's Quadrrangle of Duke University was first used in September 1927. It has a seating capacity of 1,441 and is connected to dormitories on either side by underground passageways."Tichnor Quality Views" Reg. U.S. Pat. Off. Made only by Tichnor Bros., Inc., Boston, Mass. Pub. by North Carolina News Co., Durham, N.C. 73875
Filename: JS090 - JS090b