Description: Aerial view of Duke's West Campus. Construction began in 1927 on land that was formerly the Rigsbee family farm. The gothic buildings of native Hillsborough, North Carolina, stone were constructed one mile from Duke's East Campus to house Trinity College, the undergraduate college for men, and the professional schools.
Postmark place and date: none
Handwritten text on front of card: none
Handwritten text on back of card: none
Printed text: The architecture of the University Campus is Collegiate Gothic, a modification of the building style of Tudor England. The University Quadrangle is composed of three smaller quadrangles: South, or dormitory; North, or academic; and Center, including the Chapel Court. Adjoining the campus proper is the Duke Forest of 4,700 acres. Genuine Curteich-Chicago "C.T. Art-Colortone" Post Card (reg. U.S. Pat. Off.) North Carolina News Company, Durham, N.C.
Filename: JS099 - JS099b