What is a To Be Read Challenge (TBR)?
A TBR Challenge is a promotion and push for people to read all those books that have been sitting on their nightstand, collecting dust on a bookshelf, or just littering up a to-be-read list.
How to participate:
- Make a list of 12 books you have been meaning to read for at least 6 months and just never got to.
- Sign up for TBR2014 below.
- When you have read a book from your list, log the book at Durham County Library’s website with a short review.
- Encourage other people to sign up and make a dent in their own to-be-read lists.
What Are the Rules?
- Only books that are lingering on a to-be-read list count towards the challenge. If you are afraid you just really won’t want to read one of the twelve books on your list, you may make an alternate list with a different set of twelve books. Once you have your list made, you CANNOT change your list. You must read a book from the original 12 or 24.
- Audio books count. Rereads do not.
- Prizes will be drawn at the end of June and the end of December from the people who have read at least six books, also at the end of December we will draw prizes from people who have read their entire list of twelve. You can start late and still be eligible for a prize drawings; you just need to have at least six books read by December 31st.
- You don’t have to read one book per month. The goal is to read all twelve books, however you decide to read them. They do not have to be read in the order they appear on your list.
- TBR2014 runs from January 1st through December 31st.
If you have any questions about the To Be Read Challenge, please contact Jennifer Lohmann at email@example.com or 919-560-8594.