Durham County Library offers computers with internet access for public use in all locations.
You can sign in to an available computer in the library by typing in the number from the back of your library card or computer use card. If you do not have a library card, you can get a computer use card from the check out desk of your local library location by presenting a valid ID. You can upgrade this card at any time to a library card which will allow you to check out all the materials that the library has by showing proof of residency and photo ID.
Other computer services.
- Printing is available at all locations for a small fee.
- Letter size paper: $0.10 (B&W), $0.25 (color)
- Letter size paper – double sided: $0.20 (B&W), $0.50 (color)
- Legal size paper: $0.20 (B&W), $0.50 (color)
- Legal size paper – double sided: $0.40 (B&W), $1 (color)
- 3D Printing at Main Library – More information
- Scanners are available to the public at the East Regional, North Regional, Main Library, South Regional, and Southwest Regional.
- Wireless Internet access is available at Main and all of the regional libraries.
The following software is available on all Durham County Library public computers.
- Windows 7
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Nook Reader
- Kindle Reader
- Overdrive Media Console
- Office 2007 (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher)
- Windows Live Essentials (Writer, Movie Maker, and Photo Gallery)
- Creative Docs .Net
- VLC Player
- Synfig Studio