After listening to your comments and suggestions, we are excited to launch the brand new Durham County Library website.
Our old website served us well for over five years, but it was time for a refresh to keep up with advances in technology and, more importantly, to better serve the Durham community.
Here are a few of the improvements you will see as you explore the new site:
- Based on your feedback, we’ve put searching front and center. The new, large search box on the home page will have you quickly finding books, movies, and music in our new online catalog which was launched earlier this year.
- The new home page is streamlined to provide you with the most-requested site features such as the ability to quickly view library hours and get help with your library needs.
- The new navigation menu breaks the site into five distinct and logical sections to help you find information quickly and be on your way.
- A new, modern design to match Durham County’s new logo and colors unveiled last year.
- Less scrolling! Website pages use tabs and expandable content modules to eliminate the need for scrolling through long pages.
- Redesigned North Carolina Collection, Kids and Teen sections of the site.
- If you’re viewing the site on a mobile phone, pages will automatically rearrange themselves to fit your device. Nor more pinching and zooming to try and read content that was meant to be read on a computer screen.
These are just a few of the many changes you will see, but just because the site has launched does not mean it is complete. In fact, it will never be complete as we will continue to refine it based on users’ needs and suggestions.
As with anything new in the technology world, there will be some kinks to work out as more people use the site. If you come across anything that isn’t working the way it should, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The site is compatible with all major, current web browsers. It is supported in Internet Explorer back to version 8. If you have a version of IE prior to version 8, we recommend upgrading your browser to IE 9+ or the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari.