Durham County Library has long had ebooks and e-audiobooks, and we recently added e-magazines to our list of digital collections. Now, with our launch of hoopla, we can round out that list with digital video, music and even more e-audiobooks.
hoopla offers DCL patrons free, no-wait access to over 107,000 music albums, almost 8,000 movies and television shows and over 10,000 audiobooks. Music is a real strength of hoopla’s collection containing 84% of current Billboard music. Albums are released to hoopla the day they are released to the market.
Movies from top Hollywood studios are at least a couple of years old, but there are many critically-acclaimed films available. The selection from past TV shows is extensive, with something for everyone. Children’s movies and TV are a particular highlight of hoopla’s video collection.
Here are some highlights of hoopla at Durham County Library:
- Unlimited copies means no waiting to borrow popular movies, TV shows, albums or audiobooks;
- hoopla’s automatic return feature eliminates late fees;
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app (iOS and Android) and via your computer web browsers (IE 8+, Firefox 12+, Safari 5+, Chrome 19+);
- When using hoopla, you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to your mobile device to view at a later date (in case you won’t have Wi-Fi on that plane ride);
- You can borrow 4 titles each month;
- Video lends for 72 hours;
- Music lends for 7 days;
- Audiobooks lend for 21 days;
- You are able to access (view/listen to) borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and can return any borrowed title whenever you want.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.