Volunteers from VITA and AARP will be providing free assistance at select Durham County Library locations in filing federal and state income tax forms. Please bring photo ID, social security card(s) for all filers and dependents, and all tax documents such as W-2s and 1099s. (See complete list below.)
Sessions run from February 1 – April 18, 2016 at the following locations and times. (Please arrive early to sign in.)
Main Library – 300 N. Roxboro St. (Conference Room)
- Mondays (through Apr. 11) 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Signups at 9 a.m. (AARP)
- Tuesdays 4 – 7 p.m. Signups at 3:30 p.m. (RSVP-VITA)
- Thursdays 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Signups at 9 a.m. (AARP)
- Every other Saturday (Feb. 6 & 20, Mar. 5 & 19, Apr. 2, 16) – 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Signups at 9:30 a.m. (VITA)
North Regional Library – 221 Milton Rd.
- Mondays 4:30 – 8 p.m. Signups at 4 p.m. (RSVP-VITA)
Southwest Regional – 3605 Shannon Rd.
- Thursdays 4 – 7 p.m. Signups at 3:30 p.m. (RSVP-VITA)
- Any tax forms and other information received from the IRS
- Last year’s tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) form(s) W-2, W-2G, 1099-R
- Photo identification
- Social Security cards for taxpayer, spouse and all dependents
- Birth dates for taxpayer, spouse and dependents
- Childcare provider information
- Interest, dividend, tuition and mortgage forms 1099 and 1098
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit (if applicable)
- All forms 1095
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
All tax information is kept confidential.
If you have any questions, please call 919-560-0110.