To prepare for the closing of Main Library, effective after closing on Wednesday, December 21, patrons will no longer be able to select Main Library as a hold pickup location. Once the change is made, patrons will need to select another DCL location at which to pick up their holds.
On January 6, any outstanding Main Library holds will be changed to another DCL location based on the patron’s zip code or home library location. Any hold that displays in the patron’s account as “In Transit” or “Ready for Pickup” at Main Library prior to January 6 will still have the full 7 day pick up availability at Main Library.
If patrons want to change their own pickup location, they can do so via the online catalog. Pickup locations cannot be changed if the hold is marked as “Ready for Pickup.” To change a hold pickup location, patrons can log in to their online account at durhamcountylibrary.org/login and follow these steps:
- Click My Account at the top of the page.
- Click the Holds
- Select the checkbox next to the items that need their pickup location changed (or click the Select All checkbox to select all items in the hold list).
- Click Edit Pickup Location(s).
- In the window that appears, select the desired location from the dropdown menu.
- Click Change.
- The Holds page will refresh and display the new pickup location.