Welcome to Durham County Library’s 2021 Summer of Learning! Join us this summer for activities, prize drawings, and of course reading. Anyone is welcome to participate – we have programs available for all ages.
How it works
In this year’s program, you can earn points by reading (1 minute read = 1 point), or by completing activities like joining a virtual library program or trying an experiment at home (20 points per activity). Learn more about eligible activities here. Points can only be earned between June 14 and July 30, 2021.
There are two different ways you can participate and keep track of your points – choose the one that works best for you:
- Online: sign up through Beanstack, and track your reading and minutes online. There’s also a Beanstack app available to make logging more convenient (search the app store on your device). More about using Beanstack >.
- Paper: pick up a paper tracker at the library, or download and print your own:
- Kids’ tracker / Trayectoria de actividades para niños y niñas
- Teens’ tracker / Trayectoria de actividades para adolescentes
- Adults’ tracker / Trayectoria de actividades para adultos y adultas
Color in the shapes to record your reading and activities. When you’re done, bring it to the library, and library staff will enter your information so you qualify to enter the prize drawing.
Prize winners will be chosen by a raffle drawing. One kid, teen, and adult will each win a tablet. The raffle drawings will be conducted in August, and we’ll contact the winners directly.
This summer we are proud to partner with Book Harvest to provide free book bundles to pre-K through tween participants! Visit your local library to get your books after registering online or picking up a paper tracker. *One book bundle per person, while supplies last!*
We’ll be providing free meals to anyone ages 18 and younger at these locations:
June 14-August 6, Monday-Friday 12:00pm-1:00pm
North Regional Library:
June 15-August 6, Tuesday-Friday 12:00pm-1:00pm
Bragtown Branch Library:
June 15-July 29, Tuesdays AND Thursdays 1:00-2:00pm