Current Durham County Library open positions are listed below. To apply for a position, click the “Apply Now” link within the position description. You will be taken to the description on the Durham County website where you can apply online.
For a complete list of all Durham County job openings, see the county’s employment page.
Serves as Children’s Librarian at the Stanford L. Warren Branch Library. Provides excellent customer service in a team-based environment including reference, reader guidance, programming and technology assistance. Performs professional library work developing and providing services and programs that support the library’s strategic plan. Expands the library’s outreach to appropriate community organizations. Serves on system teams and committees as assigned. Assists with preparation of unit budget. Requires a thorough knowledge of children’s literature, skill with library technology, knowledge of current library practices, and the ability to work pleasantly and effectively with people of all ages. Ability to speak Spanish is strongly preferred. Although this position is based at the Stanford L. Warren Library, working at other locations is required, when scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of professional library principles, procedures, materials and practices.
- General knowledge to design, promote, present, and evaluate a variety of programs for children, with consideration of developmental stages and the needs, interests, and goals of all children, their caregivers, and educators in the community.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and library patrons.
- Ability to utilize effective public-relations techniques to promote an awareness of and support for meeting children’s library and information needs through all media.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Requires completion of an accredited master’s program in library science from an ALA accredited library school.
Extensive knowledge of current trends in library service to children including materials and practices.
Job Type: Full Time
Posting Date: 11/27/2016
Closing Date: 12/11/2016
Salary Min: $36,000
Salary Max: $64,800
Position Number: 40001775
Updated: November 27, 2016