The year is more than half way over and recently, I’ve been reflecting on things I want to accomplish. It’s no wonder that taking some time to read for pleasure is top priority. Many believe that librarians spend a great deal of work time reading. That’s only partially true — the reading is usually related to emails, relevant articles and analyzing statistics. What I’m speaking of is purely reading for fun. I’ve identified 10 books to read over the next few months. That’s only two books per month; that should be realistic. I hope you will embark on this journey with me. Feel free to offer recommendations of books you’re reading as well. Let’s think of my reading list the same as Planet Fitness – a no judgment zone.
Here it goes:
- Between the World & Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Catching Fireflies: Teaching Your Heart to See God’s Light Everywhere by Patsy Clairmont
- Clock Dance by Anne Tyler
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan
- I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
- Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore
- The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
Wish me luck on my journey of fun reading!