Thank you for your interest in co-sponsoring a STEAM or Financial Literacy program at the MakerLab! We appreciate your willingness to collaborate with us.
All programs at the MakerLab support the mission of the Durham County Library: to encourage Discovery, connect the Community, and lead in Literacy. Programs with commercial gain for an individual or organization as the primary goal and programs requiring payment will not be co-sponsored by the library. All programs are free and open to the public.
Please complete the form below to have your program considered for library co-sponsorship.
Guidelines for Co-sponsored Programs for For-profit Organizations:
- Where the presenter works will be mentioned once during the introduction.
- Promotional materials (business cards, brochures, etc.) are allowed to be on a table in the back of the room. They are not to be distributed to the entire audience. No products or catalogs are allowed.
- Content should be general in nature and not specific to that one business.
- The library retains editorial control over any publicity related to these programs.
- Participant registrations for library-sponsored events should go through the library’s established registration procedures. Exceptions will be made on a limited basis and outside organizations collecting registration information should adhere to an “opt-in” policy regarding collecting registrant information.
- Customers who request information after the program will be given the contact information for the presenter.