What is LearningExpress
LearningExpress Library offers students and adults unlimited, 24/7 access to targeted skill–building interactive courses in math, reading, writing, software applications such as Microsoft Office, and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as hundreds of online interactive practice tests that prepare them for several types of exams including grade school achievement tests, the SAT, GED, U.S. Citizenship, nursing, fire fighter, plumbing, civil service positions, and more. Complete answer explanations accompany each response so that patrons understand why a particular answer is correct or incorrect.
What do I use it for?
- For EOGs, college entrance exams including COMPASS, grad school exams, and professional exams.
- Online computer classes you can take 24/7 to supplement the library’s beginning classes
- To look for work, create resumes and cover letters, and practice interviewing skills.
- Access LearningExpress here. (You can also find the link by clicking Research at the top of any DCL web page, then Online Resources by Category and selecting the Colleges & Financial Aid, Job Help or Homework Help sections or by choosing LearningExpress from the alphabetical list of online resources.)
- When entering LearningExpress, you may be asked for your library card number (beginning with “2345…”). Valid information will take you through to the LearningExpress page.
- If you have trouble with access, please contact your branch or use the chat box on our Online Resources page.
- First you will need to create an account with Learning Express by clicking Register in the New Users section on the lower right of the screen and completing the required information.
- Once you are signed in with your account, you will be able to save your place in your classes and tests. To get back to something you had been working on, click My Center underneath Durham County Library.
- You can click one of the Learning Centers, or search for tests, courses and ebooks from the bottom of the screen.
- You can get help by clicking on User Guides in the upper left to see videos to help you use LearningExpress.
- Computer Skills Courses: Click Popular Software Tutorials to see the online computer classes. They are interactive. You will see how to do a task, and then you will get to try yourself. You do not need the software you are learning about on the computer you are using. These tutorials will not work on an iPad.
- Exams: Practice exams are timed the same way the actual exams are. It is possible to stop and come back to an exam later. Your exam will not be scored until you click Score My Test. After you see your score, you will be able to go back and see the correct answers with explanations. You can also look at the rubric under View Scoring Guide.
- Courses will teach particular skills. If you take an exam first, your score will tell you which skills you need to improve and which courses to take.
- Ebooks: All ebooks are downloadable to any device that can open a PDF. Adobe Digital Editions is not necessary to download these.