What is NoveList Plus?
NoveList Plus is a comprehensive database of fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages and includes recommendations, articles, and lists for your fiction and nonfiction needs.
In NoveList Plus, you’ll find:
- Fiction and nonfiction titles for all ages
- Expert reading recommendations from professional librarians
- Read-alikes for every title, author, and series
- Easy-to-use interface designed with readers and librarians in mind
- Simple but effective searching
- Quick and easy-to-use resources including:
- Book Discussion Guides
- Thematic book lists
- Reading and book-oriented articles
- A regularly updated front-page list of popular and best-selling titles with read-alike suggestions.
- Annotated booklists for all ages around different themes and genres.
- Book reviews from respected resources.
- Title to title read-alike suggestions.
- Series to series read-alike suggestions.
- Author to author read-alike suggestions.
- NoveList has resources for Common Core State Standards.
- A selection of book group materials for dozens of books.
- Explore genre overviews with suggested authors and titles for a wide variety of genres and subgenres for adults, teens, and kids.
- Sign up for a variety of informative newsletters about new titles, authors, and trends.
Accessing NoveList Plus
To find NoveList Plus, click here. (You can also find the link by clicking Research at the top of any DCL web page and selecting the Literature section or by choosing NoveList Plus from the alphabetical list of online resources.)
When entering NoveList Plus from outside of a library building, you will be asked for your library card number. Enter your complete card number (beginning with “2345…”). Valid information will redirect you to the NoveList Plus page. (Note: If you are accessing the site on a library computer or using the library’s wireless network, you do not need to enter your library card number; you will be taken directly to NoveList Plus.)
If you have trouble with access, please contact your branch or use chat on our Online Resources page.