Give your child the benefit of learning a second language.
MUZZY Club is the online version of the award-winning language course for children developed by the BBC. Durham County Library patrons now have access to a second language – at home, at grandma’s house, in the library, at school – anywhere there is an internet connection.
- If you are accessing Muzzy from outside of a Durham County Library location, you will need to enter your 14-digit library card number when asked for “Login ID.”
- To access Muzzy from a mobile device, go to www.muzzyonline.com and sign in with this information:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: durhamcounty
- The entertaining MUZZY story.
- 600+ vocabulary words to contribute to language fluency in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Korean and Spanish.
- Interactive games and exercises to practice vocabulary and grammar.
- Support for all learning styles.
- Management tools for parents and educators.
- Children learn naturally at their own pace by watching a video story.
- MUZZY replicates how children learned their native language.
- No grammar or complex structures to remember.
- Reading and non-reading children benefit.
- MUZZY and his friends are appealing, encouraging children to watch over and over.
How Does MUZZY Work?
- Children are entertained as they watch a cartoon story about MUZZY and his friends.
- Scene by scene, the story and Vocabulary Builder present hundreds of functional words and phrases spoken by native speakers with authentic accents.
- With repetition, children absorb the new language naturally through the context of the story and its imagery.
- Entertaining online games, e-books, printable flashcards, karaoke-type songs and a recording feature reinforce what the child learned.