Mission: The mission of the Durham County Library is to encourage Discovery, connect the Community and lead in Literacy.
Programming: Programming at the library is done in support of our mission. Programs that have commercial gain for an organization or individual as the primary goal will not be co-sponsored by the library. All library programs are free and open to the public. Please complete the form below to have your program considered for library co-sponsorship.
Guidelines for Co-sponsored Programs for For-profit Organizations:
- Where the presenter works will be mentioned once during the introduction.
- Promotional materials (business cards, brochures, etc.) are allowed to be on a table in the back of the room. They are not to be distributed to the entire audience. No products or catalogs are allowed.
- Content should be general in nature and not specific to that one business.
- The library retains editorial control over any publicity related to these programs.
- Participant registrations for library-sponsored events should go through the library’s established registration procedures. Exceptions will be made on a limited basis and outside organizations collecting registration information should adhere to an “opt-in” policy regarding collecting registrant information.
- Customers who request information after the program will be given the contact information for the presenter.