Durham County Library patrons can borrow mobile hotspots to take the internet wherever they go.
A hotspot is a portable device that provides Wi-Fi internet access to computers, phones, or tablets. They connect to 4G LTE speeds through a cellular network, and DCo Library hotspots come with unlimited data. So, if you don’t have internet at home or want a reliable internet connection for your devices on vacation, hotspots are a great option.
Rules for borrowing
- 14-day checkout.
- No renewals.
- Hotspots can be placed on hold via the online catalog just like a book.
- Holds will remain on the hold shelf for pickup for four days.
- 1 hotspot checkout per library card.
- Each DCo Library has their own supply of hotspots, and holds for that location are only filled from that location’s supply.
- Standard DCo Library late fees apply.
- Hotspots are deactivated if overdue.
- If lost or not returned, a $45 charge and a $5 lost processing fee will be added to the patron’s account.