Through a partnership between Durham Public Schools and Durham County Library, DPS students can use their Student ID number (also known as a PowerSchool number) to access Durham County Library print and online resources. Here’s how it works:
- Students can access and check out Durham County Library resources by using their Student ID number where a library card number is needed.
- The default PIN is the last 4 digits of the Student ID number.
- Students may use Durham County Library’s online collections and databases. Some examples of these resources are TumbleBooks, Muzzy, OverDrive, RBdigital Magazines, and many more!
- Students may borrow up to 5 print items at one time.
- CDs, DVDs, TV DVDs, and other non-print physical items are excluded.
- There are no overdue fines for those students who sign up through this initiative. However, students are responsible for fees on lost or damaged books.
- Teachers and students will be able to access and use these instructional resources for academic enrichment both at home and school.