Are you a Durham County resident without a library card? You can use your mobile phone number to sign up for a temporary card that will let you get ebooks and e-audiobooks through OverDrive / Libby. Your access will last for 60 days – after that, you’ll need to come in to a library location to make your account permanent.
- Go to https://durhamcounty.overdrive.com/ and click “Sign up for an instant digital card” in the window that appears. (If you don’t see this window, click “Sign in” and click the link next to “Need a Library Card?”)
- Enter your mobile phone number and click “Send verification code.”
- A text message will be sent to your mobile phone. Enter the code from the text message and click “Verify.”
- Enter your name and email address and click “Continue.”
- OverDrive will attempt to confirm that the address connected to your mobile phone is within Durham County.
- If successful, you will see a message that the setup was successful, and you can start browsing. If unsuccessful, you may need to provide more information to help with
- When signing into OverDrive, click “Sign in using mobile number.” You will be sent a text message with a verification code to use to sign in.