Are you a Durham County resident without a library card? You can use your mobile phone number to sign up for a temporary card that will let you get ebooks and e-audiobooks through OverDrive / Libby.
- Go to https://durhamcounty.overdrive.com/ and click “Sign up for an instant digital card” in the window that appears. (If you don’t see this window, click “Sign in” and click the link next to “Need a Library Card?”)
- Enter your mobile phone number and click “Send verification code.”
- A text message will be sent to your mobile phone. Enter the code from the text message and click “Verify.”
- Enter your name and email address and click “Continue.”
- OverDrive will attempt to confirm that the address connected to your mobile phone is within Durham County.
- If successful, you will see a message that the setup was successful, and you can start browsing. If unsuccessful, you may need to provide more information to help with
- When signing into OverDrive, click “Sign in using mobile number.” You will be sent a text message with a verification code to use to sign in.
Immediately after signup, you will only be able to access our OverDrive / Libby service. Within a couple of business days, we will enable your account to access all of our other online collections and resources. Your mobile phone number will be your library barcode number, and your PIN will be the last four digits of your phone number. You can change your PIN at any time by signing in to our online catalog and visiting the “My Account” page.