Your Durham County Library card lets you borrow a mobile hotspot to take the internet wherever you go!
A hotspot is a portable device that connects to a cellular network to provide wifi internet access to computers, phones, or tablets. Durham County Library hotspots come with unlimited data. If you don’t have internet at home or want a reliable internet connection for your devices on vacation, hotspots are a great option.
Rules for borrowing
- 14-day checkout.
- No renewals.
- Hotspots can be placed on hold via the online catalog just like a book.
- Holds will remain on the hold shelf for pickup for four days.
- 1 hotspot checkout at a time per library card.
- Each library location has its own supply of hotspots. Holds for a location are only filled from that location’s supply.
- Hotspots are deactivated if overdue.
- If lost or not returned, a $45 charge and a $5 lost processing fee will be added to your account.