Helping you succeed in a career you find rewarding is a part of our mission at DCo Library. Our Business Services team has curated a list of resource to support you and is here assist you throughout it.
Find a job in NC by visiting NC Works.
Get your resume reviewed
Are you looking for a new job? Do you need a resume for school? Are you brushing up on your resume or seeking tips? You have come to the right place! Simply fill out the form below and someone from the Business Services Team will contact you within seven business days. If you need a resume template, you may download one from the free resource options in our job help databases.
Upload your resume
Explore an industry
Hospitality and Leisure
The Hospitality and Leisure industry is vast, including attractions, food and beverage, hotel and lodging, meeting and events, recreation, tourism, travel, luxury goods, and so much more. It is a supersector of the service industry. The commonality between these fields are acts of making someone feel welcomed, entertained, and comforted. This business is customer-centric which comes with challenges but can also be rewarding and is most certainly never boring. We encourage you to explore the resources for the hospitality industry below.
Sample job outlooks in the industry
- US BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook – Lodging Managers
- US BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook – Food Service Managers
- US BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook – Travel Agents
- US BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook – Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- US BLS Occupational Outlook Handbook – Flight Attendants
LearningExpress career preparation
- Learn about Culinary Arts
- Workplace Professionalism Skills: Attitude and Teamwork
- Workplace Professionalism Skills: Verbal Communication
- Workplace Skills: Job Searching
- Hospitality Exam Food Handler: Serv-Safe
- Hospitality Exam Prep eBook: Culinary Arts
- Hospitality Exam Culinary Certification: Culinary Arts
Gale Course recommendations
- Entreprenurial Courses: Accounting Fundamentals, Business Budgeting for Beginners, Business Finance for Non-Finance Personnel, Employment Law Fundamentals, Mastery of Business Fundamentals, and Understanding the Human Resources Function.
- Business Courses: Purchasing Fundamentals, Fundamentals of Supervision and Management, and Managing Customer Service.
- Language Courses: Speed Spanish, Discover Sign Language, Conversational French, Conversational Japanese, and Instant Italian.
- Other recommendations: Get Assertive! and Achieving Success with Difficult People
Featured book lists
Featured online resources
Interactive online guidance and online resources to help navigate the job market.
Explore, plan, and research careers and industries with articles, blogs, videos, and more.
Learn something new or strengthen your current skillset through a week six-week online course.
Achieve your career goals with practice tests for all sorts of topics including adult core skills, computer basics, AP Exams, GED, College Placement, TOEFL, CDL preparation, and more.
Expert created courses for personal and professional development, supplemental files, and relevant work samples.
Picking a career path or selecting a new journey has many pieces. Learn about career qualifications, anticipated growth, expected earnings, and more.