Durham County Library offers computers with internet access for public use in all locations.
You can sign in to an available computer in the library by typing in the number from the back of your library card or computer use card. If you do not have a library card, you can get a computer use card from the check out desk of your local library location by presenting a valid ID. You can upgrade this card at any time to a library card which will allow you to check out all the materials that the library has by showing proof of residency and photo ID.
Other computer services.
- Printing is available at all locations for a small fee.
- Letter size paper: $0.10 (B&W), $0.25 (color)
- Letter size paper – double sided: $0.20 (B&W), $0.50 (color)
- Legal size paper: $0.20 (B&W), $0.50 (color)
- Legal size paper – double sided: $0.40 (B&W), $1 (color)
- Mobile Printing is available which allows you to print to DCo Library printers from anywhere.
- 3D Printing will be available at Main Library when it reopens in April 2020.
- Scanners are available to the public at the East Regional, North Regional, South Regional, and Southwest Regional.
- Wireless Internet access is available at all of the regional libraries.
- Mobile hotspots are available to check out at each DCo Library location.
The following software is available on all Durham County Library public computers.
- Windows 10
- Office 2016 (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher)
- Adobe Reader
- OverDrive Media Console
- VLC Player
- Google Earth
- Synfig Studio
- Paint 3D
- Openshot Video Editor
- Xbox Online