hoopla provides Durham County Library patrons with thousands of movies, television shows, music albums, comics, audiobooks and ebooks, all available for mobile and online access through a partnership with hoopla digital – all you need is a valid library card!
DCL card holders can download the free hoopla digital mobile app on their Android or iOS device or visit hoopladigital.com/login to begin enjoying thousands of titles – from major Hollywood studios, record companies and publishers – available to borrow for instant streaming or temporary downloading to their smartphones, tablets and computers.
There’s also no waiting to borrow popular movies, TV shows, albums, comics, audiobooks or ebooks. And hoopla digital’s automatic return feature eliminates late fees.
Come see what all the hoopla’s about:
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browsers (IE 8+, Firefox 12+, Safari 5+, Chrome 19+).
- When using hoopla you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to view at a later date (in case you won’t have Wi-Fi on that camping trip).
- You are allowed to borrow 10 titles each month. (Note: Your monthly count resets at 00:00 UTC on the first of the month. This means that it resets at 7 p.m. EST on the last day of the month, or 8 p.m. EDT during daylight savings time.)
- Video lends for 72 hours.
- Music lends for 7 days.
- Comics, ebooks and audiobooks lend for 21 days.
- You are able to access (view/listen to) borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and you can return any borrowed title whenever you want.
- Kids Mode is a setting designed to make discoverability of children’s content easier for parents and kids. All content shown while in Kids Mode has been deemed suitable for children up to 12 years of age. To enable Kids Mode, visit your account settings page within hoopla.
How It Works
- Register for an account by visiting hoopladigital.com/login or using the hoopla app on your iOS or Android mobile device and click Sign Up. You will need to provide an email address, create a password and enter your full, 14-digit library card number and PIN.
- Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking Browse and choosing the Music, Movies, Audiobooks. Comics, Ebooks or Television tab. You can also search for a specific title by clicking Search and typing in your title/keyword.
- To borrow a title, click the title’s cover and then click the Borrow button. The borrowed titles can be found under the My Titles tab for viewing/listening. Enjoy your selected titles!
- Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over.
If you need any additional help, visit www.hoopladigital.com and click the Need Help? link at the bottom of the page.