The Tech Mobile is another of our mobile branches! A giant vehicle the size of a large RV, the Tech Mobile is loaded with all sorts of technology that’s ready to hit the road. It can serve as a mobile hotspot in the community, offer STEAM programming and computer classes, let you host a meeting in our meeting space, and much more. The Tech Mobile permanently hosts 8 computer stations, printing, wireless access, a small teaching or conference area, and an individual one-person office. It’s a versatile library location for diverse programming and computer help, both inside and out.
Technology on the Tech Mobile includes:
- Laptop computers, with software similar to public computers at our other locations
- Wifi for internal and external use – look for the network named “DCoLibrary – Techmobile”
- Noise cancelling headphones
- A printer for use during programs
- A monitor to connect to in the meeting space
Special features at The Tech Mobile
Sarah is the Community Engagement Administrator for Durham County Library, with a background as a Children’s Librarian at Stanford L. Warren Library. Sarah graduated from North Carolina Central University in 2008 with a master’s degree in library science and began work at Durham County Library in 2012.